Autumn is a critical time to work outdoors and prepare your home to withstand the potentially harsh winter weather to come. Fall maintenance not only boosts your curb appeal, but helps you identify any potential problems before they arise.
Checkout my Fall Homeowner’s Checklist to keep your home’s health and curb appeal in tip top shape!
- Rotate Your Garden: Remove summer garden plants that have bloomed and make room for cool weather plants.
- Clean Up Borders: Weed and clean up the borders of your lawn edging.
- Fertilize The Lawn: Use winterizing fertilizers to help ensure your lawn stores nutrients over the winter.
- Plant: Plant spring bulbs to add in color for next year and consider perennials that can bloom every fall to keep your home looking lush.
- Gutters: Clean and check your gutters for any damage.
- Chimney: Have your chimney cleaned and maintained by a professional.
- Furnace: Replace your furnace filter.
- Clothes Dryer: Inspect and clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under and behind the dryer while removing any lint and dust that may have accumulated.
-Smoke Detectors: Inspect all smoke detectors and check batteries. Continue to test monthly and replace battery as needed.
- Winterize Your Sprinkler System
- Turn Off Outside Hose Bibs